The Regina Early Years Family Resource Centre has re-opened at our newly renovated location!
We are currently offering in-person attendance for pre-registered programs, outdoor and virtual programs, a drop-in program at four Regina Public Library branches, and pre-registered in-person visits for families to play and learn together in our beautiful new space on Mondays and Wednesdays (must pre-register)!
May/ sakipakawipisim/ Leaf-Budding Moon 2022 at the Early Years Family Resource Centre
Tansi/Hello friends and families.
As we approach the two-year mark of the pandemic, we need to recognize the strength of our community and that the ongoing measures we have practiced have saved lives and have also come at a cost. Our goal moving forward is to continue to ensure the safety of our team, our community, and the families we support.
Although we appear to be transitioning away from the crisis phase, it is possible that we may experience additional waves and outbreaks and we will continue to rely on the shared responsibility of practicing the current safety measures for staff and visitors participating in in-person programming at the EYFRC.
- Wearing a mask for anyone over the age of 2.
- Completing health declarations.
- Practice proper cough and sneezing etiquette (into a tissue or the bend of your elbow).
- Increased hand washing or regular use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Enhanced cleaning practices.
- Stay home with even mild symptoms and test.
The measures are reviewed and adjusted monthly. We must continue to be flexible in our response and supportive of one another; kindness and patience will be critical to help us get back to the things we love most.
We are excited to announce that 8 of our chicken eggs have hatched and the chicks will be with us in the Centre until May 11th, so come on down and see these cute chicks! We are also going to be receiving our painted lady butterfly caterpillars at the end of this month. So watch out for a new mini-project on metamorphosis at the Centre for your children to interact with.
Just a quick reminder of how the play space is now being run with some restrictions:
· We will allow 5 family units at a time in the play area. If you book with a friend or a family member who also have children, they will not count as your family unit. They will be counted as a separate family unit.
· Masks are still required for anyone who is over the age of 2 years old.
· You must pre-register.
· Play times are 9:00 -10:25am, 10:50am -12:15pm, 1:00 – 2:25pm and 2:50 – 4:00pm (Mondays and Wednesdays only).
· To pre-register, scan the QR code on the program poster or click here. If you are having trouble registering, call the EYFRC at 306-520-7979 and speak to any facilitator who answers the phone.
Please read carefully which time slot you are choosing so you don’t schedule at a different time than your friend or family member if you are wanting to have your playtime with them.
We ask that you do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled time, and do not linger after your time is up. We need the time between bookings to sanitize the toys, play space, and bathrooms to keep everyone who works and visits here safe.
Current EYFRC programming requires pre-registration, with the exception of Literacy at Play, our drop-in play group held at the Regina Public Library, which will continue until the end of June. Please join Facilitator Linda weekly at 4 RPL branches from Tuesday to Friday. They are drop-in programs so registration is not necessary.
Tuesdays 1:30pm – 3:30pm @ Sunrise Library, 3130 E. Woodhams Dr.
Wednesdays 1:30pm – 3:30pm @ Sherwood Library, 6121 Rochdale Blvd.
Thursdays 9:45am – 11:45am @ Glen Elm Library, 1601 Dewdney Ave E.
Fridays 9:45am – 11:45am @ George Bothwell Library, 2965 Gordon Rd.
Please visit our online calendar, see our current Program Posters, and visit our Facebook and Instagram for pre-recorded and live sessions! Any program and schedule changes will be posted on our Facebook page.
Thank you for your dedicated support! Take care friends. We hope to see you again very soon!!
Anita and the EYFRC Team