The Regina Children's Initiative represents the movement towards improved outcomes for children prenatal to six and for their families in Regina. By working together we can create a community where all children and families are thriving and have the supports and services to enable them to meet their full potential.
- The right to have your basic needs met
- The right to be safe
- The right to be you
- The right to belong
- The right to a loving relationship
- The right to lifelong learning
- The right to play and be physically active
- The right to contribute
The Regina Children's Initiative is committed to building a network of community support for the emotional, intellectual, spiritual and physical well-being of children.
The Regina Children's Initiative (RCI) is an inclusive group of individuals, agencies and organizations dedicated to improving the lives of young children and their families in Regina.
The Regina Children's Initiative:
- Moves forward the shared vision and commitment of the Regina Children's Charter by establishing a shared action plan and coordinating joint work to achieve short and long-term outcomes.
- Provides a forum for member agencies to share information, resources, training and professional development events relevant to the community regarding early childhood.
- Uses information and research to inform policy development and planning of early childhood development initiatives based on identified needs, gaps in services, and best practices.
- Promotes public awareness of and support for the importance of early childhood.
- Facilitates community dialogue and neighbourhood-based plans for new early childhood initiatives, based on strengths and needs as identified through local data and reports.
- Identifies ways for sustained community involvement and engagement.
Any individual, organization or agency who is working towards improved outcomes can become involved with the Regina Children's Initiative.
- The Regina Children's Initiative is a movement towards improved outcomes for children and families and encourages others who feel like-minded to consider themselves a part of the movement.
- The RCI believes that by working together we can do more!
Community support is key to the success of the Regina Children's Initiative.
- The collaboration of the Regina Regional Intersectoral Committee (RIC) and the Regina and Area Early Childhood Network (RAECN) has laid the foundation that will support agencies, individuals, and organizations to work together to create our desired outcomes. The Regina RIC and RAECN provided the initial leadership and resources to launch the Regina Children's Initiative.
- The commitment and collaboration of many more partners is needed to ensure that our community can continue to move toward creating the change we wish to see based on the results of the Understanding the Early Years report and the many other key pieces of work that have brought us to this point.
The Regina Children's Initiative encourages the involvement of like-minded individuals, agencies and organizations.
Here are some ideas about how you can get involved:
- Become a member of the Regina & Area Early Childhood Network;
- Share information about services available to children and families in Regina;
- Share early childhood research with friends, family, clients, colleagues, and board members;
- Discuss the Children's Charter with others;
- Order Children's Charter posters, display them in waiting rooms, classrooms, offices;
For agencies, businesses and organizations:
- Include articles in your newsletters about the Regina Children's Initiative and the importance of early childhood;
- Host the Regina Children's Initiative traveling display;
- Encourage other organizations to become involved;
- Review your internal policies, practices, and procedures to ensure your organization is child and family-friendly;
- Endorse the Regina Children's Initiative as an organization.