The following programs are for children found to be in need of protection as defined by The Child and Family Services Act.
- Families First
The intent of the Catholic Family Services' Families First program is to provide services to high risk families in their own homes. Its purpose is to prevent children, who are indentified as being at risk under The Child and Family Services Act, from being removed from their homes and placed in care.
The Aims of the Service are:
- To prevent children (birth to 5 years) from being removed from their families and to have referred children remain in their parents care following discharge from the program.
- Assist parents to develop effective child management skills, so they can parent their children in a positive, constructive, and healthy manner.
- To reduce destructive behaviours in families.
- To reduce the families isolation and increase their involvement in community life.
- To teach parents how to access community resources, so they can engage the resources once they are no longer involved with the program.
For more information please call (306) 525-0521.
- Family Support Program
When children are found to be in need of protection as defined by The Child and Family Services Act, family support services are offered to reduce risk and build on family strengths.
The Family Support Program supports the healthy development of families and their children to achieve the following goals:
- To ensure the safety of children.
- To maintain the family whenever safe and possible.
- To ensure the healthy reunification of children with their family whenever safe and possible.
The Family Support Program provides intensive, in home support in a respectful, non-threatening manner. Outcomes are determined and measured by the family, case manager and family support program. Support services focus on parenting, daily living skills, personal wellness, and social and community resources.
For families with children age 6 and over. For more information please call (306) 525-0521.