Prenatal Support Programs
Prenatal support programs are designed to provide a wide range of supports for parents-to-be and new parents.
Are you pregnant? Are you a teenager, aboriginal person or are you dealing with a lot of stress? We can help!
Baby's Best Start is an outreach program for women in the Al Ritchie area. Our services include prenatal, postnatal and breastfeeding information and support, as well as home visits, milk vouchers, cooking circles and aboriginal crafts.
Childcare is provided during classes at the centre. We also provide transportation to doctor appointments and to and from classes at the centre. Its great fun, and you get to interact with other women! For more information call 766-7662 or 766-7447.
Visit the Al Ritchie Health Action Centre web page to learn more about the Centre and its programs.
The Healthiest Babies Possible Program assists pregnant women by providing counseling, support, milk and vitamins for high-risk pregnant women.
- prenatal group and individual sessions;
- mom's support circle
- cooking and nutrition circles
- moss bag classes
- breastfeeding support group
Transportation and babysitting is provided for clients to attend classes.
Call 766-7540 for more information or click here: Healthiest Babies Possible Program.
KidsFirst is a FREE voluntary program that helps vulnerable families become the best parents they can be and have the healthiest children possible.
KidsFirst families receive:
- Support from a home visitor who provides assistance regarding child development, parenting and connecting to the community;
- Help to access services such as childcare and parent support groups;
- Early learning opportunities for children; and
- Help regarding literacy, nutrition, transportation and specialized counseling services.
If you are are expecting a baby and are interested in the program, call 766-6790 or email email@example.com.